HAZEL & BLUE CANDLES
"I find inspiration from fresh flowers, blooms, botanicals, woods, spices and greenery - all those elements can create fresh, uplifting, warm and cosy scents for your home".
Meet Hazel & Blue creator, Becky Avery
New Zealand raised, Bath and Wiltshire based, Becky has blended her passion of creating beautiful handmade things with her love of nature and scent into her handcrafted products.
After pursuing a career in Nursing, working in both the NHS and Palliative Care, Becky rose to a Senior Management role, managing teams and creating clinical services before her love (obsession) of creative hobbies took over.
During this time she developed a love of making and creating, teaching herself how to sew, crochet and knit, which in turn, led to an unhealthy obsession of Mollie Makes magazine issues (she has the original first copy somewhere).
One summer when she was looking for an activity to do with her 9 year old daughter, she made her very first candle. Becky was hooked and her love of candle making grew. After much research and experimenting a business idea was hatched with Hazel & Blue being born.
Since starting Hazel & Blue in 2017, Becky has seen her nature inspired products sold all over the United Kingdom, Europe and as far as New Zealand.
Hazel & Blue has been featured in The Bath Life Magazine and she has appeared on BBC Radio Wiltshire as well as podcasts including 'There are other ways', Make it Happen and Small & Mighty Business. You can listen to this episode of the Small & Mighty Conversations podcast where she talks about her Hazel & Blue business journey.
Recent commissions include Google, Modus BPCM, Kara Leigh Ford Ceramics, Katie Robbins Ceramics, Etsy UK, Grape & Fig, Royal Mail and Kew Gardens.
Hazel & Blue are Proud partners on Not on The High Street and Friends of Joules.
As appeared on ITV This Morning 'Best Hobby Boxes' and featured in The Stylist, Grazia, Glamour, Prima, and Spirit & Destiny Magazine, The Independent and Huffpost. Finalists in the Not on the high Street Make Awards 2021 for Best New Partner and Community and Collaboration categories.
About Hazel & Blue
Simple, honest ingredients, bringing you a sense of calmness, nature and wellbeing into your home...
Made with natural, eco friendly ingredients all sourced within the UK, our sustainable products are ethical, vegan and eco friendly, with all of our packaging being 100% recyclable.
Hazel & Blue products are created using Becky's love of nature inspired ingredients and commitment to creating and making supporting self care and wellbeing. All of our handcrafted products and making kits are lovingly created in our Wiltshire Studio.
Made with ethically sourced materials including sustainable plant wax, essential and fragrance oils (free from palm wax, beeswax, petroleum, herbicides and pesticides), 100% recyclable containers and cotton and linen natural wicks.
We use 100% natural soy wax as it is natural, sustainable and clean burning in our candles and candle making kits. It is a perfect natural ingredient and when blended with our oils and wicks ensures our candles burn slowly and sustainably ensuring our scents last longer, with a fresh clean burn each and every time.
All of our products are created for you to sit back, relax and enjoy creating simple honest moments.
Customer Survey T&C's
H&B survey prize draw terms and conditions:
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw .
2. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by Monday 7th June 2021.The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter simply fill in the survey, and submit your answers alongside your email address.
6. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on Monday 21st June 2021. The first 3 entries drawn at random will be the winner.
7. The prize for the three winners is a bundle of H&B products chosen by the Promoter. The bundles will be worth £100.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
13. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
14. The Promoter is Hazel & Blue Candles, Unit 4 Shurnhold Farm Business Park, Melksham, Wiltshire.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Customers are very important to us at Hazel & Blue. Everything we do, we do with you in mind - our products, new seasonal scents, eco friendly packaging and amazing customer satisfaction.
Our customers remain at the heart of what we do and shape all of the apothecary products we create, our philosophy and business now and in the future.
We love working with new people, and welcome wholesale and corporate enquiries, if you are interested in stocking our products or a bespoke candle label, we would love to hear from you, please contact us here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.